Creates job packages from the work order scope which contains all of the information regarding required labor material and services to ensure safe, effective and efficient execution of the work. Requires broadened technical skills in analytical/scientific methods or operational processes to perform a defined array of activities. May act as an informal resource for team members with less experience.
- Uses feedback from the person doing the work to optimize the work plans.
- Reviews work orders for technical completeness and returns work orders to gatekeeper, if not complete.
- Carries out field checks, when needed.
- Prepares job package and inputs plan into Global Engineering and Maintenance Tracking System (GEMTS) indicating the required resources, materials, and services.
- Identifies task activities necessary to execute job plan, and identifies materials/tools/equipment required to perform tasks.
- Identifies/solicits safety information and requirements necessary to safely perform tasks.
- Supports Maintenance Procedure Use Policy by ensuring all job packages include a procedure or the task is on the Procedure Exemption list before the job package is released. Checks that all Maintenance Procedures include a hazard assessment.
- Serves as a technical resource during procedure creation and review, as needed. Creates, develops, changes, updates job procedures and checklists, and initiates procedure Management of Change (MOC), as required.
- Short-Cycle Tertiary Degree (i.e. Associate's Degree) plus maintenance, manufacturing or other related experience in an industrial (petrochemical) environment.
- VOL-VCA for operational managers and supervisors.